Aedifica is a Regulated Real Estate Company under Belgian law specialized in healthcare real estate. At Aedifica, we care in particular about the elder generation and their housing needs. Aedifica has developed a portfolio worth more than €4.7 billion in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Ireland and Spain.
Aedifica is listed on Euronext Brussels (since 2006) and Euronext Amsterdam (since 2019), and is part of the BEL 20, the leading share index of Euronext Brussels.
As Valuation Associate you will be part of the operational team, working closely and reporting directly to the Senior Valuation & Asset Manager. The Valuation Associate will maintain and further establish an excellent working relationship with all members of Aedifica and external Asset Managers, as with other external partners.
- Developing a strong detailed understanding on each asset within the portfolio in order to effectively discuss with the external valuer, local operators/tenants and other external parties;
- Developing a strong general knowledge and awareness of the markets we operate in and general market conditions in each country.
- Manage external valuations for acquisition purposes and liaise with the investment and M&A teams.
- Discuss with the external valuer the valuation outcomes and present results to senior management;
- Collect lease data. Prepare, maintain and update tenancy schedules in close collaboration with Aedifica’s Finance and Legal teams and provide input to external valuer.
- Assist in the coordination and the analysis of the external quarterly and year-end valuation;
- Collect and understand crucial information on ongoing development projects in collaboration with the Project Management team and Finance and provide clear input to external valuer.
- Preparation of valuation audit memos;
- Develop strong knowledge of the local healthcare markets, understand the operator’s businesses and needs;
- Collect crucial operators (financial) information. Monitor and analyze the operator’s KPI’s;
- Preparation of periodically operator reporting for the management and board members;
- Analyze specific operator’s demands related to current agreements (extension/renovation and other). Calculate feasibility of projects (DCF/IRR/NPV) and prepare management memos.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting exercise.
Research & Development
- Prepare periodically market research presentations;
- Assist in developing and improving the standardized (Excel) valuation and analysis tools.
- Strong knowledge of (asset) valuation and Real Estate market awareness
- Strong interest in Real Estate market
- Preferably 2 years of experience in the Real Estate Market or as Business Analyst.
- Analytical mindset;
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply (oral and written)
- Able to work independently but likes to collaborate in a team
- Flexibility in a changing dynamic environment
- Language skills: Dutch/French, English (knowledge of German is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of the Office Suite (Excel and Powerpoint are a must)
- You are good at administrative aspects of a project
- And above all this, your main qualities are accuracy, tenacity and open-mindedness
- An exciting job with a wide range of tasks in a pleasant and collegial working environment
- The opportunity to grow in an environment that encourages personal development and training
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration
- An attractive salary package supplemented with a variety of fringe benefits