For a company in Mechelen, we are currently looking for a fulltime Accountant to cover for a maternity and parental leave, duration from 6 to 12 months. Preferred start data is April 1st.
You are responsible for reconciliation and adjustment of various general ledger accounts. Prepares related financial reports and statements.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Compiles, consolidates, and conducts basic analysis of accounting and finance information.
- Assists with the production of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Makes accounting adjustments through appropriate journal entries.
- Assists with monthly and annual account reconciliations and close activities.
- Examines a variety of financial statements and transactions for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with accounting standards.
- Prepares tables, charts, and other exhibits for reports.
- May perform less complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- You collaborate with shared service center CBS on AP and AR matters
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Basic accounting qualification
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Very good knwoledge of Dutch and English
- Insight in how accounting works
- Being flexible , wide scope of activities
- Experience with Oracle is an advantage
- Good Work-life balance
- Good working atmosphere
- Fulltime Job