Athora is an insurance and reinsurance group fully focused on the European market. We focus on growing our franchise, via acquisition, transfer or reinsurance of portfolios from other insurers, and delivering a competitive long-term return to our customers. Our principal operational subsidiaries are Athora Lebensversicherung in Germany, Athora Ireland in Ireland, Athora Belgium in Belgium and Athora Life Re, a Bermuda-domiciled reinsurer. On June 7th, 2019, Athora announced the acquisition of Vivat in the Netherlands. Pro-format of Vivat acquisition, Athora will have about 2,500 employees, 3,000,000 policyholders and total consolidated assets of approximately €70 billion. We have ambitious plans to grow our business across Europe and we are looking for likeminded people to join us on our journey.
Athora Belgium has 400 employees, serves 530,000 customers and offers a range of Life and Non-Life insurances through a network of around 1,000 independent brokers. The total premium income in 2018 was approximately € 685 million. The asset portfolio of Athora Belgium is approximately € 6.5 billion.
FunctieomschrijvingAs Financial Systems Expert, you will play a key role in the implementation of the financial systems (Simcorp and SAP S4/Hana) for Athora Belgium and Athora Group. After an intensive training, you will actively participate in all the steps related to the projects:
After the migration, you will be part of the Athora competence center and be the point of contact for group users regarding all functional specificities of the systems. As a reference person, you will support the users in terms of building, maintaining and documenting the knowledge of both tools. You will answer the final users’ questions, solve operational incidents, manage internal user’s requirements and train them. You will be also involved in the set-up, validation and testing of new releases.
- the setup including business requirements in accounting and investment : Begaap, IFRS and Solvency II,
- the implementation,
- And ensuring appropriate migration and performing testing in order to grant the completeness and accuracy of the operations.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Mathematics
- You have at least 3 years experience as investment accountant or Business Analyst/Consultant within the financial sector (bank, insurer, asset manager or software provider)
- You ideally have a background in investment accounting (Belgian Gaap and IFRS Gaap), a strong interest in financial markets and technology
- Knowledge of hedge accounting is a plus
- You have strong analytical skills and you are IT minded
- You are quick learner and able to train and share knowledge
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You can work in team as well as autonomously
- You can easily adapt to change
- You are able to deal with challenges and deadlines
- You are solutions oriented
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written and in French or Dutch
- Professionele Bachelor (Hoger Onderwijs Korte Type)
AanbodWe offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where our actions define us, more than any words or promises. We innovate to keep our business at the forefront of the market. People are at the heart of what we do, and we always value that humanity. We do what we do as well as we can because we are about improving lives, inside and outside our business. We offer a challenging position with a lot of learning opportunities in a friendly and growing organization and the unique chance to participate in the different stages of a Group project providing interactions with various stakeholders on international level. You will have a role with strategic impact that will shape the future of our company.